Inspirations

I believe that all anyone really wants in this life is to sit in peace and eat a sandwich. - Liz Lemon

Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Serial Cerealist

I've been getting quite passionate about my cereals as of late so I thought I would take it as an opportunity to talk about some amazing cereals available here.

As a kid, I was quite picky about what cereal I ate. The only ones that seemed to please my taste buds were Coco Pops (I refuse to call them Cocoa Krispies) and Chocos (I think they have a new name as well now). I despised Frosties and never understood what people liked so much about Lucky Charms.

Recently, in an attempt to be just a little healthier, I tried out some of the 'adult' cereals. At first, I was hesitant to venture out of Kellogg territory, but the unbelievable boring cereals of Corn Flakes and Special K family forced me to see what Post had to offer. What I discovered was this amazing and surprisingly healthy cereal that makes me look forward to getting up in the morning (seriously).

What I'm talking about is Post Selects range of cereals. In partiuclar, I am referring to the Banana Nut Crunch flavour. Now I don't really understand how to describe a cereal, but I can tell you that it doesn't get soggy, the texture is really good and it has an awesome banana taste that reminds me of banana bread. According to the Post website, they're supposed to be "Delicious...and nutritious too!. I believe them. Also, the cereal box says that it has lots of fiber and a lot of TV commercials have told me that fiber is good for you. I believe them too.

So if you're bored of your cereal or you want something to make your mornings a little interesting, I suggest you head over to Al-Fatah and pick up a box of your choice of Post Selects (Other flavors include Blueberry Morning and Maple Pecan Crunch).


5 comments:

  1. Nestle Nesquick
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weetabix minis in fruit and nut mixed with oatibix yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Post cereals are awesome and Ive stopped buying them because
    A. making an imported cereal a regular breakfast is an indulgence. Ive become so stingy since I started earning. lol.
    B. they are SO yummy even without milk that sibling uses it as an all day snack so im investing in a new box every other day which brings us back to point A!

    try the maple with pecans one. Thank me later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! Maple Pecan is THE BEST POST CEREAL. It's actually the best cereal on the market, I'm pretty sure.

    This was nice. I just got done with eating Post's Great Grains cereal, like, three seconds ago. Now I feel like I'm not alone in this obsession.

    ReplyDelete